Sabado, Nobyembre 17, 2012

Short Story

Blog Entry#1
"A Long Walk to Forever"
            "A Long Walk to Forever" by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. is one of the most interesting short stories I have read. When I read the title, I thought that it is one of those typical love stories that go smoothly with some twists and turns along the road and end happily ever after. I was right, only at one part though. They did have their twists and turns, mostly in favor of Neil. We certainly do not know how it ended, if you do,you're a genius and you've been reading a lot of books.

              At first, I was surprised by Neil's audacity, but some might say lack of respect. I didn't understand his motive/s because he already knew that Catharine is already a bride-to-be. For most, it would be a waste of time since a woman accepts a marriage knowing that she really loves him and wants to spend the rest of her life with him. In this story, this was not the case. Miracles do happen.

              By reading the first few paragraphs again, I came to understand why Neil came back to Catharine's life and proclaim his love for her. "They had grown up next door to each other.","There had always been playful comfortable warmth between them." These are the lines that caught my eye. It is hard not to fall in love with someone you grew up with and had fun throughout your life. She might have admired him too before.

             What Newt did was sweet and also worth copying. He brought back what they were doing when they were still young-walking through fields and orchards. He even brought Catharine to where the bell rings which belongs to the school. I learned some techniques from him.

              After carefully analyzing some paragraphs, I fully understood what he wanted to happen and why he did that. Love speaks for itself, it does not need an explanation.


              
             



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento